yellow dots

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Breakfast (sandwich) of Champions


I love breakfast food. All of it. Eggs, bacon, toast, english muffins, hash browns, sausage, ham, croissants, and ANY combination of the above. Especially with cheese (and/or hot sauce) thrown in there somewhere. I could eat breakfast for every meal! Eat it at lunch time, call it brunch. (One of my favorite restaurants around here serves breakfast until 3pm! And it's awesome!) Eat it for dinner, then you're having breakfast for dinner and that's a cool thing to do. 

Breakfast food is just so good. I particularly love breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches. I love to make breakfast sandwiches so much! I always seem to have the stuff for it (english muffins, cheese, some sort of breakfast meat, and eggs) so it's one of my weekend breakfast go-to meals. 



Press the sausage into a patty (I like the all natural kind that comes uncooked in a roll.) Make it larger than you think you need it, as the sausage shrinks when it cooks. 

Then, while the sausage is cooking, scramble your eggs. I use a metal biscuit cutter sprayed with cooking spray to shape my egg. I put the biscuit cutter in the nonstick skillet over medium heat, then pour the raw scrambled egg into it. A bit may leak out the sides, but it still turns out great. If you want a thicker egg layer, use more eggs. 

Toast your english muffins (I like whole wheat.) when your eggs are almost done, then melt a slice of cheese on one half of the muffin. I do that in my toaster oven (LOVE that thing! Best cheese melter ever!) I use Tillamook cheddar cheese because it's my favorite (as a native Oregonian, I am biased against other cheeses). Any cheddar will work. 

Then, assemble your sandwich. I put the egg against the cheese because I feel like the sandwich holds together better that way. Then I put the sausage on top, then the other muffin half. It is so good! 

Hope you enjoy this recipe! 


No comments :

Post a Comment