yellow dots

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Books, Cookie Dough, and Life


Life gets crazy sometimes. What do I mean by that, dear readers? I mean 10 hour workdays, home renovations, and big life decisions. I spent half my weekend in Home Depot, I'm just sure of it. The salespeople probably recognize me by now. Also, my husband wants to put our house on the market, which will probably be turn out to be amazing, but is  terrifying. I've got a few great posts planned for you, but for now my rare and precious downtime is best spent with a cup of tea and The Great Gatsby. (How have I lived for this long and NOT read this book? Why was this not high school required reading? It's SO GOOD!). 


My boss just gave me a book called "The Secret of Everything" (by Barbara O'Neal) that she said I needed to read, so that will be my next teatime companion. I have a "to-read" list that will never, ever, ever be completed. I'm totally OK with that. There's nothing better than a good book. (In case you were wondering...Also on my "to-read" The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, All the Sherlock Holmes books by Arthur Conan Doyle, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The 3rd book in the C.H.A.O.S series by Jon S. Lewis,  The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I have... eclectic taste in literature.) 



Yesterday was long and exhausting, and cookie dough was required (some days you just need cookie dough to eat. Some days you need to bake cookies, but that was not yesterday.) I whipped up a super quick eggless cookie dough, here's the recipe:
Cream together 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tbsp milk. Mix until fluffy. Stir in 3/4 cup of flour and a large handful of chocolate chips. Add more flour if it needs to be thicker, and more milk if it needs to be thinner. Then eat it!


Have you read anything interesting lately? What's on your "to-read" list? 







No comments :

Post a Comment